Oh my! I’ve been on WordPress since just after new year 2012 (when I joined ROW80) and, when I joined, had only an inkling of what a wonderful community existed here. It was the snippets of warmth, companionship, comraderie and support that lured me here to begin with and it certainly feels like the best move I made!
One of my lovely blog friends left me a comment on one of my blogs (A-Muse-ing Adventures) to inform me that she’d nominated me for a blog award on hers (Liebster Blog Award – accepting & spreading the karma) – I couldn’t believe it! In all honesty, I had no idea what one was but an ‘award’ is rarely a bad thing, I’m sure.
For those of you that don’t know:
Leibster is German & means ‘Dearest’ or ‘Beloved’ but it can also mean ‘Favourite’ & the idea of the Leibster award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers all in the spirit of gathering more connections
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
It really is a wonderful feeling to have someone say that your words, whatever they may be, help to inspire or give them the desire to create something new (these thoughts have been explored within A-Muse-ing Adventures), and I am truly touched that abumptothehead believes my words to have that effect at times. I am so thrilled that I even came to mind when she was to think of people to pick for this ‘beloved blog’ award. Thank you!
In the interests of sharing this feeling, and offering recognition where recognition is due, here is a list of the blogs I wish to show my support of (they must have less than 200 followers – I’ve had to remove some people that I could see had lots from this list because of it):
1. http://abumptothehead.wordpress.com/ – I am aware that this is the lovely lady that nominated me but I can not fail to draw attention to the fact that it is her blog that often inspires me!
2. http://shaggygirl.wordpress.com/ – full of useful advice, points for discussion and lovely images.
3. http://roboticrhetoric.wordpress.com/ – a lyrical blog that never fails to make me laugh, whatever the subject.
4. http://rantravewrite.com/ – an incredibly diverse blog that again, manages to make me laugh (I’m sensing a pattern here…)
5. http://moving-foreword.com/ – thought provoking and inspiring musings.
6. http://photobotos.com/ – such stunning pictures!
7. http://vikramroyblog.wordpress.com/ – discussions and reblogs re: art, literature, humanitarianism and society.
8. http://depressioncookies.blogspot.com/ – informative, inspirational, supportive… what more could a woman ask for?
Well, I am sure I have taken up quite enough of your time already. I hope that I can continue to provide pieces that others enjoy reading.