As part of the Book Chick City challenge, (I’m not really sticking to BCC’s rules of types of books, etc though) I thought I’d add a list of the books I have read or plan to read here as an easy point of reference.
Once I have read a book, I shall review it in a new blog post and link to it on this page.
Do you have a book to recommend for me for this year?
Books read in 2012:
4. The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman (25.01.12)
5. The Deadhouse by Linda Fairstein. (03.02.12)
6. A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice. (10.02.12)
7. The Poison Principle by Gail Bell (19.02.12)
10. Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin (13.04.12)
11. The Counte of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.
12. The Black Book by Ian Rankin.
19. Days of Reading by Marcel Proust.
20. The Screenwriter’s Workbook by Syd Field.
21. Writing Better Lyrics by Pat Pattison.
23. Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad. (03..8.12)
24. The Probable Future, by Alice Hoffman. (05.08.12)
25. The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. (07.08.12)
26. Cast of Smiles, by Amanda Brookfield. (11.08.12)
27. Sorceress, by Celia Rees. (14.08.12)
28. The Sorrows of Young Werther, by J.W.v Goethe. (20.08.12)
29. Doppelganger, by Marie Brennan. (08.09.12)
30. The Arts Past and Present: Reputations, by The Open University. (11.09.12)
31. Warrior and Witch, by Marie Brennan. (16.09.12)
32. Tradition and Dissent, by The Open University. (reading)
33. M is for Magic, by Neil Gaiman. (17.09.12)
34. Seeking Whom He May Devour, by Fred Vargas. (19.09.12)
35. Shadowmancer, by G.P.Taylor. (21.09.12)
36. Faber’s Book of Beasts, (reading)
37. Trafficked, by Sophie Hayes. (09.10.12)
38. The Burial at Thebes, by Seamus Heaney. (10.10.12)
39. The Builders, by Maeve Binchy. (21.10.12)
40. Grimm’s Fairy Tales. (reading)
41. Do They Hear You When You Cry? by Fausiya Kassindja. (30.10.12)
43. Magic Study (A Yelena Zaltana Novel: Book 2), by Maria V. Snyder. (15.11.12)
44. Fire Study (A Yelena Zaltana Novel: Book 3), by Maria V. Snyder. (19.11.12)
45. Practical Magic, by Alice Hoffman. (23.11.12)
46. Witch Hunt, by Ian Rankin. (reading)
Recommended (to me) reading:
Series: Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan.
Series : Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan.
Series: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson.
Author: William Shakespeare
Author: Tamora Pierce.
Author: George Orwell.
Author: Charles Dickens.
Author: Agatha Christie.
Author: Walt Whitman.
Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche.
The Hollow Men by T.S. Eliot.
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Twenty-One Stories by Graham Greene.
The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum.
Complicity by Iain Banks.
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
The Saint In New York by Leslie Charteris.
Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche.
Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis De Bernières.
Modesty Blaise by Peter O’Donnell.
Love In the Time Of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez.
Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf.
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
The Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger.
Paradise Lost by John Milton.
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.
The Giver by Lois Lowry.
Fever, 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson.
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.
Ulysses by James Joyce.
Fearless by Tim Lott.
The Gathering by Isobelle Carmody.
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas.
Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche